The Piper J-3 Cub was the most popular commercial aircraft of the 1930s. Barely seven yards long and instantly recognizable in its yellow-and-black paint scheme, this nostalgic favorite became the foremost trainer of the era, eventually training 80% of the United States military pilots by the end of World War II. A new Cub was rolling of the assembly line nearly every 20 minutes, and many of these beloved airplanes are still around today.
Hangar 9s new .40-size Piper J-3 Cub ARF captures the classic scale lines and smooth flight performance of its grandfather, a full-scale Cub owned by Pat Hartness, whose Triple Tree Aerodrome hosts the annual Joe Nall and Don Lowe Masters RC events. Constructed from top-quality balsa and lightweight plywood materials and showing off a vibrant Cub Yellow UltraCote scheme, this scale Cub will provide aviation buffs with hours of sport-flying fun.
Piper J-3 Cub 80 ARF Features:
Piper J-3 Cub 80 ARF Specifications:
- Scale detail and scheme-based on Pat Hartness full-sized J-3 Cub
- Extremely lightweight, state-of-the-art all-wood construction
- Factory-painted airfoil-shaped aluminum wing struts
- Strong, lightweight scale landing gear with simulated bungies
- Covered in exclusive Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Fiberglass cowl includes prepainted molded-in dummy engine
- Easy-to-transport 2-piece wing and tail sections
- Length: 50.6 in (1285.25mm)
- Engine Size: .36–.46 2-stroke .56–.82 4-stroke
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Flying Weight: 6.75–7.5 lb (3–3.4 kg)
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Plane Type: Scale Civilian
- Power Plant Size: 25-52 Electric
- Radio: 4-channel with 5 servos
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Trim Scheme Colors: Cub Yellow (HANU884) Black (HANU874)
- Wing Area: 919 sq in (59.3 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 80 in (2032mm)
- Brand: Hangar 9
- Part No: HAN4000
- Assembly Level: ARTF (Almost RTF)
- Power: Electric
- Flying Style: Scale
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet! Write a Review
Write a Review
All reviews are subject to moderation
No questions yet, why not ask one?