Introduced as a primary trainer for the U.S. Army Air Corps in the days leading up to WWII, the Stearman PT-17’s robust construction and good-natured flying manners endeared it to thousands of pilots throughout the war years and beyond. Its sheer numbers (over 10,000 built, by some estimates) and numerous post-war roles, from crop duster to air show star, have made it one of the most recognizable biplanes among the general public to this day. E-flite has expertly re-created the rugged good looks and benign flight behavior of the full-scale Stearman with this easy-to-assemble 15-size model that is a joy to fly. It comes out of the box constructed of balsa and light plywood and covered in an authentic early-WWII UtlraCote® trim scheme. Other scale touches include a painted fiberglass cowl, painted fiberglass landing gear fairings, and a great-looking 9-cylinder dummy radial engine. Assembly is remarkably simple thanks to the plug-in wings and bolt-on interplane struts. E-flite’s even included specially designed jigs that allow you to keep the upper and lower wing halves connected for easier transport and storage. In the air the Stearman PT-17 15e’s flat-bottom airfoils and light wing loading translate into exceptionally scale-like flight characteristics that everyone from intermediate to advanced pilots will instantly fall in love with.
PT-17 Stearman 15e Features:
PT-17 Stearman 15e Specifications:
- Large magnetic hatch for easy access to electronics
- Realistic 9-cylinder dummy radial engine
- Includes wing jig for easy transport and storage
- Can be assembled and flight ready in just a few evenings
- Plug-in wings speed assembly
- Painted fiberglass landing gear fairings
- Authentic pre-WWII UltraCote® trim scheme
- Painted fiberglass cowl
- This model is one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator
- Approx. Flying Duration: 12–15 minutes
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Flying Weight: 3.5–3.8 lb (1.5–1.7 kg)
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Hardware Included: Yes
- Motor Size: Power 15
- Overall Length: 35.0 in (890mm)
- Plane Type: Scale Civilian
- Power Plant Size : 10-15 Electric
- Prop Size: APC 12x6E electric prop
- Radio: 4-channel
- Recommended Battery: 3200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery EFLB32003S
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Recommended Servos: 2 x Mini Servos, eg: SPMSA5040 and 2 x Micro Servos eg: SPMSA4020
- Speed Control : 40-Amp Pro Brushless ESC (EFLA1040)
- Trim Scheme Colors: HANU875 Sky Blue HANU872 Bright Yellow
- Wing Area: 608 sq in (37.5 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 44.0 in (1120mm)
- Brand: E Flite
- Part No: EFL2950
- Assembly Level: ARTF (Almost RTF)
- Power: Electric
- Flying Style: Scale
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet! Write a Review
Write a Review
All reviews are subject to moderation
No questions yet, why not ask one?