The Fletcher Class destroyers were built for the U.S. Navy between 1941 and 1944. With a total of 175 ships
constructed, the Fletcher Class contains one of the largest numbers of waterborne fi ghting units wordwide.
To help restore the Navy after the end of WWII, Germany received six Fletcher Class destroyers from the USA.
All six ships were overhauled and re-equipped to meet the requirements of the German Navy prior to commissioning.
In addition, extensive alterations were made to the superstructures. In January of 1958, the German Navy was able to
take the fi rst destroyer (Z1) of the new 119 Class with NATO identifi cation number D170 into service.
Delivery of the fi nal vessel took place in February 1960. The model version represents the development during
the early years of service subsequent to the bridge restructuring during 1963. The last ship of the Class was
decommissioned into the Mexican Navy after a total of 60 years of service. This ARTR model is part of the new series
of extremely fi nely detailed, ready-built, scale model ships, including fi breglass hull, laser-cut ABS superstructure, and
numerous etched brass and rapid-prototype produced components. The model is supplied assembled and realistically
camoufl age-painted, with both drive motors installed and wired. The only work remaining is the installation of the
R/C components and drive batteries. This Fletcher Class destroyer also makes a magnifi cent collectors display model.
Hull length 1570 mm
Overall height 435 mm
Beam 170 mm
Total weight 6000 g
Rudder, motor speed forward/reverse
- Radio control with at least 2 channels, recommended
order no: TACJ2652 Tactic TTX650
- Speed control for brushed motor, min. 40A continuous rating,
recommended: 50A continuous rating
- Order no: GPMP0871, 2 x 7,4 V 3200 mAh LiPo drive batteries
- Order no: GPMM3142, parallel adapter 2 Deans plug/1 Deans
- Order no: TACM0235, rudder servo TSX35
- Order no: HCAP0180, LiPo battery charger
- High quality painted fi breglass hull
- Removable superstructure
- Easily mounted mast, removable for transport
- 550-size drive motors, pre-wired
- Fitted hardware
- Rotating main gun turrets
- Bronze-painted propeller
- Wooden display stand
Length 1710 / Width 270 / Height 430
Product Manuals AQUB5710_EN