The Zivko Edge 540 manufactured by Zivko Aeronautics is a highly aerobatic aircraft . Capable of a 420 degree per second roll rate and a 3,700 foot per minute climb rate, it has been flown to victory on the international Unlimited aerobatics circuit several times since the mid-1990s. A tandem-seat version is sold as theEdge 540T. The Zivko Edge 540 is the most common aircraft used in the Red Bull Air Race World Series – in fact all champions of the World Series have flown this aircraft
The new Edge 540 is the best plane FMS has engineered to date in its line of aerobatic models. The performance this plane delivers on 4s power is just amazing! Build a scale model that has the performance envelope of this kit is nearly unheard of in this size plane. It is happy wide open eating up the sky or in high alpha flight hanging on the propeller. At high speed, tracking is predictable and literally flies like it is on rails, just point it where you want it to go and she goes with no complaint. We found no bad characteristics even with very hard control inputs in hard banks. The new composite wing structure is very ridged and it shows in high G turns and dive pull outs. Simple pull back on the throttle and the 540 treats you with tons of lift with NO tip stalls or washout propagation as experienced in other planes in this size. Doing hovering, waterfalls, and harriers are delightfully fun.
The new 17g digital servos worked flawlessly, providing precise control even under very high load. Their ability to center precisely even after hard high load maneuvers was right on par with servos at a much higher price point. The new Gold 760Kv motor and 60A ESC combination performed flawlessly.FMS Edge 540 Features:
- Durable EPO foam
- New designed spinner & 3 blades props
- Scale pilot figures
- Powerful 60A ESC with 3A BEC and 3948-760Kv Motor
- 4 X 17g digital metal gear servos
- Large control surfaces for advanced 3D and aerobatic flight
- Carbon wing and elevator reinforcement
- Rugged hinges
- Pinned rudder hinges
Please Note: This is sold in ARTF format and requires a radio system, 4S Li-Po battery with charger, and AA batteries.
- Wingspan: 1320mm (52in)
- Overall Length: 1270mm (50in)
- Flying Weight: Around 1680g （3.7lb）
- Motor Size: 3948-KV760 Powerful Out runner Brushless Motor
- ESC: 60A Brushless ESC
- Servo: 17g digital metal gear Servo x 4
- CG (center of gravity): 80mm (From Leading Edge)
- Prop Size: 13X5 3Blade Propeller With Spinner
- Flying Duration: 6 minutes
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14+
- Experience Level: Expert
- Assembly Time: 45 minutes
- Material: Durable EPO
- Brand: FMS
- Part No: FS0193
- Power: Electric
- Assembly Level: PNP (Plug n Play)
- Flying Style: Sport
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet! Write a Review
Write a Review
All reviews are subject to moderation
No questions yet, why not ask one?