Spektrum DX8by Spektrum
Web Price: £204.90
Free UK Shipping!
Let us price match!
Note: Price matches will only be considered against valid, in stock products in the UK. Although we can match 99% of prices, some exceptions will apply. Full Terms
Print a price voucher here
Part Number: SPMR8810EU
The DX8s powerful Spektrum AirWare software was developed exclusively by Spektrum from the ground up. This software includes all the programming functions an expert pilot could want, but you dont have to be an expert to use them. The DX8s intuitive Simple Scroll™ interface lets you roll and click your way between menus with ease. And all the information is presented in crisp, clear detail on a big, backlit LCD screen.
When programming the cyclic and pitch mixing for a helicopter, it is possible for the sum of the two mixing values to exceed the mechanical travel limits of the servos. This can cause them to be overdriven into a locked position. Spektrum AirWares Electronic E-Ring prevents this by automatically limiting servo travel if the sum of the cyclic and pitch values exceeds servo limits.Active Gyro and Governor Trim
Fine tune rotor speed and gyro gain while in flight using trim switches you assign.
When selecting a wing type for an airplane, Spektrum AirWare graphically depicts the type youve chosen and will automatically configure the necessary mixes for the pilot. This saves time and reduces the chances for error when programming complex control surface configurations.
The DX8s built-in telemetry feature (Telemetry Module Sold Separately) gives you vital, real-time information about whats happening with your model in flight; information that can prevent crashes and maximize performance. The telemetry data appears in an easy-to-read format on the large backlit LCD screen so you can reference it at a glance. You can also have the DX8 alert you with an audio or vibe alarm whenever any telemetry values exceed limits you define. The DX8 will initially be able to track four key safety and performance factors:
Never again will you have to wonder whether or not you have enough voltage to keep flying. Being able to monitor voltage will also help you detect a worn out battery pack before it prematurely ends your flight. The telemetry module is plugged into the receiver and will automatically relay receiver voltage. A separate sensor for tracking main battery voltage in electric aircraft will be included.
Is there enough airflow reaching an electric motor? Is my battery getting too hot? With the DX8, you will get real-time answers and be able to take action well before damage occurs. One temperature sensor is included.
Beyond new software and telemetry (requires Telemetry Module), the DX8 is also the first Spektrum radio to introduce the Spektrum Data Interface™. The SDI is designed for use with standard SD memory cards* and adds a whole new level of flexibility and ease-of-use. With the SDI, you will be able to:
Share setups with other DX8 owners at the field or transfer them from your SD card to your PC and attach them to an e-mail. This makes it easy to gain from the experience of others or help others succeed.
The DX8 has enough on-board memory for up to 30 models before you even need to think about using the SDI. But with the SDI, memory for thousands of models could be stored on the SD card or transferred to a PC hard drive for backup.
With the Spektrum Data Interface, you wont have to send your DX8 into a service center to get the latest Spektrum AirWare enhancements. You can download them onto your SD card and upload them to the DX8 yourself.
*SD card not included.
The DX8s weight distribution and ergonomics have been optimized to fit the way you fly. The result is a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the speed and precision of DSMX® technology. Some of the more notable features include:
- Comfortable, no-slip rubber grips
- Adjustable stick length and tension
- Smooth, quad-bearing gimbals
- User-adjustable mode configurations (1, 2, 3 or 4)
- User-assigned switch functions
- Easy-to-read backlit screen
- Intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface
- Transmitter Only, does not included receiver, servos, or telemetry module.
- High-speed 11ms frame rate with 2048 resolution
- 30-model internal memory
- Large 128 x 64 backlit screen
- Includes 2000mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- Includes global 12V charger with adapters for international use
- Includes Spektrum™ neckstrap
- 4 user-selectable control modes (modes 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Spektrum Data Interface for expanded model memory, model sharing and firmware updates
- Exclusive Spektrum AirWare™ software
- SimpleScroll™ programming interface for easy menu navigation
- Electronic E-ring electronically prevents overdriving the cyclic servos
- 5-point graphic tail curve
- 5-point graphic throttle and pitch curve
- Active gain and governor trim allows in-flight adjustment
- Swashplate timing
- Telemetry alerts (vibe and audible, requires Telemetry Module)
- 6 swashplate types
- 3-position flap switch with flap delay and elevator compensation programming
- 8 wing types and 5 tail types
- Language select (English, Italian, French, Spanish or German)
- User-assigned switch function
- Programmable throttle cut
- Refined ergonomics with no-slip comfort grips
- Programmable timer with throttle timer startup
- Quad bearing gimbals
Spektrum DX8 Requires to Complete:
Spektrum DX8 Specifications:
- Band: 2.4GHz
- Computer Radio: Yes
- Model Memory: 30
- Model Type: Airplane/Helicopter/Sailplane
- Modes: Selectable 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Modulation: DSM2/DSMX
- Number Of Channels: 8
- Range: Full
- Telemetry: Yes
|Part No.||Receivers Included||Frequency||Channels||Format|
This item is Listed in the following categories: